Cardinal McKeefry School is an urban primary school only a short distance by car or bus from either Wellington city centre or the Western and surrounding suburbs. The usual entry points are at Year 1 and Year 7, but we do sometimes have vacancies at other year levels.
Please contact the Principal, Tania Savage, to speak with her about enrolling your child or to receive an enrolment pack.
When enrolling your child these are the documents we require:
- A completed and signed enrolment form
- A completed “preference of enrolment” form signed by a priest, lay pastoral leader or ethnic chaplain.
- A signed Wellington Archdiocese form regarding Archdiocesan Attendance Dues
We are also required to sight your child’s:
- NZ birth certificate (if not a New Zealand citizen, then passport and other relevant documentation)
- immunisation certificate
1. The child has been baptised or is being prepared for baptism in the Catholic Church.
2. The child’s parents/guardians have already allowed one or more of its siblings to be baptised in the Catholic faith.
3. At least one parent/guardian is a Catholic, and although their child has not yet been baptised, the child’s participation in the life of the school could lead to the parents having the child baptised.
4. With the agreement of the child’s parent/guardian, a grandparent or other significant adult in the child’s life, such as an aunt, uncle or godparent, undertakes to support the child’s formation in the faith and practices of the Catholic Church.
5. One or both of a child’s non-Catholic parents/guardians is preparing to become a Catholic.
Cardinal McKeefry School is bound by the Integrated Schools Act and as such can legally enrol a maximum of 10% non-preference students, students who do not meet the above criteria, if there are spaces available.
For those turning 5 years old:
Prior to their actual school starting day, we arrange for school visits for children. This is most helpful in giving new students the opportunity to meet their teacher and the class. Two to three visits are recommended.
These visits will be organised by the class teacher who will contact you or can be requested through Jo Anne our Office Manager, on 4753262 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For those entering our school from Year 2 upwards, we may arrange a transition visit depending on circumstances.