This week the garden group planted many different seedlings like chives, parsley, beetroot, and we also planted citrus trees.
The Skills learnt this week were-
- How to hoe the soil to prepare for planting
- How to plant seedlings in the garden beds
- How to plant citrus trees from their pots into the ground
The kitchen group this week made Carrot & Lentil Soup and Flatbread.
A big thank you to Austin’s dad Robert who volunteered in the kitchen for us this week.
- How to chiffonade silverbeet
- How to grate carrots and also use a food processor to grate carrot
- How to dry fry cumin seeds
- How to make flatbread
It was great because my dad came along to help us this week, he taught how to grate carrots with a grater, and then after grating about eight carrots we discovered a food processor, which really helped us for the remaining carrots! Austin