1st Week Group 2
Our Group was the first group in the kitchen and we made Rosemary wedges and hummus.
Our kitchen specialist Jenny came in and helped us make them. We have been learning some awesome new things :
- Knife skills(how to hold it)
- How to scrub the dirt off potatoes
- How to put the chickpeas in the food processor
- Being safe in the kitchen.
- Not adding too much of one ingredient
After cooking the food was all ready to eat-that could only mean one thing…….it was time to eat !The food was delicious!
First Week Group 1 (of Garden group )
Last week our group was in the Garden with John our Garden guy. We were first split up into groups of four. This was our first set of skills we were learning .
Our Skills were,
- How to cut things with axes
- Taking seeds out of vegetables
- Learning new words about gardening
- Planting seeds in mini pots for a start
Everyone was so exicted about our first day of garden to table. John was helping us with all the growing ,we were also growing some garlic cloves in the deep soil. Our whole group had different
jobs like cleaning up the pots ,
researching up words on the board he had writen We will be learning a lot more from John this year all about gardening. But group 2 was making potato wedges with rosemary on top , it tasted so yummy!!!